Kia Ora WST’s and staff teams,
We would like like to update you all on the structure of PLG groups for 2020. We have listened carefully to your feedback and are giving you an opportunity to work in a PLG group that suits your professional learning needs and ties in with a focus or goal related to a strategic aim.
In other words, you get to make the PLG group work for you. We acknowledge that there are some groups who would like to continue working together on a shared focus and that is also a possibility.
In order to do this, we need some information from you. In this email there is a link to a Google form to collect information about possible topics for new groups. Principals have identified three broad headings that groups will fall under;
1. Effective Teaching to the Nth East
2. Coherent pathways - effective transitions within and across schools
3. Localised curriculum - recognising schools within our Kahui are unique
Some ideas that might start you thinking about group ideas;
1. Effective Teaching to the Nth East:
Effective strategies for engagement.
Goals setting in the classroom
Leading a team to the Nth East
2. Coherent pathways - effective transitions within and across schools:
Aligning technology between primary and secondary
Leading schools to communicate effectively about students
Maths across the Kāhui
3. Localised curriculum - recognising schools within our Kahui are unique:
Whaikōrero for leaders
Art collaboration across the Kāhui
Using local stories in the classroom
Please discuss your ideas and fill in the following form by Wednesday the 18th of March.
WST’s, we will provide you with access to the responses so that you can follow up a reply from everyone in your school context.
Nga mihi, mauri ora
The AST team,
Struan, Vicki and Heidi